Palmetto Press



About the Logo


The Palmetto Press logo — a palmette fan atop a book flanked by two letter P's — derives from the design of a bowl crafted sometime between 1525 and 1528 in the workshop of Renaissance artist Giorgio Andreoli of Gubbio.

This bowl, which bears the shield of arms of the Saracinelli Family of Orvieto, is part of the Widener Collection in the National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC.

A photograph of the original bowl can be viewed here.





HOME